Setting up camers on fifth wheel and truck

I have tried to install two systems from Tadibrothers, the first one had lousy picture quality and I could not get the camera for the RV to sync with the monitor. So I sent it back and they sent me a newer and better unit.

Again I tried to set it up. Vehicle camera worked good but could not get the RV camera to sync up with the monitor. I took the RV camera on both units it tried them in the cab of my truck where I knew they were getting power. Neither of them would sync up with the monitor.

I now have to send the newest unit back and hopefully get my money back for the latest unit. I have talked to representatives from Tadibrothers, and they told me on both units that they were easy to install even if you did not know much about electronics.

The instructions were a joke and there was no real troubleshooting help. MY SUGGESTION DO NOT BUY THEIR EQUIPMENT UNLESS YOU ARE ARE A ELECTRICIAN AND A COMPUTER OR ELECTRONIC PRODUCTS GENIUS.

Tadi Brothers Reply:
This review was left by mistake a second time. We have already addressed the customer's concern.
Another happy customer! We are going to swap his system to something that is better suited for his needs. At Tadibrothers we do our best to make sure every customer is satisfied and has exactly what they want and works for them. I am always here to help!
Tadi Brothers Backup Camera
Cons
  • Info to help you needed to install system

Shipping and setup

When I originally ordered a system I stated I needed it in three days because I was leaving on vacation. The system did not get to me.

They shipped me one to my second destination. It was there. I was told it was a plug and play system. I don't know what they consider to be plug and play but the system I got was not plug and play.

I spent quite a bit of time to install on my vacation to no avail. Their system was very hard to install. They sent me their cigarette lighter to attache to power, lighter plug did not work. Was not my system because it worked with other devices.

Their instructions were written by someone in china who had no idea how to write it in English. After two days at home trying various attachments I got it to work. The monitor sucks, the picture is lousy keeps flickering and does not have a wide range of adjustment. Yea my power is constant.

I live in Oregon and we get clouds and other adverse weather all the time. Picture quality sucks unless the day is bright and the sun is shinning.

Poor customer service

Review in Appliances and Electronics category from Albany, Oregon

I purchased the wireless backup system for my RV and installed it according to the instructions. When I hooked up the monitor it didn't display anything on the screen and the red light indicated that it was on.

I called Tadibrothers and after 20 minutes waiting on line a tech answered my call. I explained everything how I installed the system and he said it was correct. What he did tell me was that if there is power to the monitor then I should see something other than a black screen. He determined that the monitor was defective so they sent me a new one.

When I got it I hooked it up and powered it on it was also a blank screen and the red indicator light was on showing it had power. Come on!

2 monitors defective!

I'm going to request a full refund for this junk. I strongly do not recommend this back up system from Tadibrothers!

Tadi Brothers Reply:
Spoke to the customer. This issue was a power issue. I had him connect the monitor to a different power source and both monitors worked the first and the second. We are always happy to help with tech support and we know it’s frustrating something when installing, that’s where we come in! Another happy customer

CTS back up system FAIL

Bought the CTS 08-13 back up cam /module. Had Tadi Bros refer a installer in my area. In a nutshell the referred installer couldn't get it to work and my car consoles in pieces. Tried calling a technical at Tad and no answer. I called sales to which they referred me to Dominics number,again no answer. Tadi systems are flawed and will request a REFUND !

I should of just went to NAV TV and avoided this nightmare. Its allttle more expensive but you get what you pay for, RIGHT ?

Tadi Bros not recommended in the least ,only if you like getting ripped off.... Robert B

Tadi Brothers Reply:
Spoke to the customer. We were closed Memorial Day weekend so tech was not there but I got back to him myself almost right away. I offered him 3 solutions. Full refund, we can troubleshoot and fix his module with tech, or we can sell in the NAVTV module at a discount. He is super happy that we helped and came up with the solutions he asked for. As always we are here to help!
Tadi Brothers Backup Camera
Cons
  • Non helpful tech
Loss

Tadi Brothers - Backup Camera Review from Bennettsville, South Carolina

I have had my back up camera for little over a year and its been working on and off the whole time. I have had Tadi Brother sent me different parts in the past to help correct the problems yet it still doesnt work to my satisafaction. So call them to let them know i will be removing their product from my truck and possible senting it back to them.

Tadi Brothers Reply:
We love help all customers no matter how long ago. I spoke with him personally. What we are going to do is fully test and ship out a brand new system. This way we know any issues that he has from here on out cannot be our system. He was very happy with our offer. Rather than just sending it back to us we wanted to go above and beyond and make sure he has a perfect working system to backup safely at his construction job site.
Bad quality

Internet scams using stolen credit card number

tadibrothers would not give out name and address info of the person that tried to purchase from them with my stolen credit card number.

It seems they have something to win/lose (make your choice) in such

transactions. They would not cooperate with trying to fight back the bad guys. FBI and credit card companies should investigate into this matter. I called them up from overseas and was told by Tamir that it was a fraudulent transaction. they did not reply to my email request.

The consumer should be aware of such misconduct by businesses,

especially when it has to do with purchases over the Internet. Thank you.

Tadi Brothers Reply:
We are always glad to help people with their issues. This customer had his card stolen and we gave all the information and helped the credit card company when it happened. We of course as a business are hurt by these type of transactions and do not want this happening to customers or us as a business. We did not receive an email until recently once we spoke to the customer again. We have replied with the information and I called the customer as well. He seems to have everything in order now. We are always here to help no matter what the issue.
Service
Tadi Brothers Customer Care
Cons
  • Attidude
Reason of review
use of stolen credit card number
Loss

Verified Reviewer

Poor quality

Purchased wireless backup sensors for Sprinter Van. They work but Tadibrothers doesn't let you know that measurements are only in metric.

No option for feet and inches! Who does that? Who has time to convert from meters before figuring out you're about to hit something?

Also bought third brake light backup camera with mirror/monitor. Mirror is not a true mirror, but a reflective blue tinted glass.

Camera no good for night vision as claimed. Image turns to lines in twilight or parking garages. When I called customer service they said it wasn't the camera but a voltage issue.

I tried other connections all with the same outcome. I now will have to buy another backup camera with real night vision, but it won't be from Tadi Brothers!

Tadi Brothers Reply:
Spoke to the customer. Its beyond the return policy but we are glad to help. We ran tech support with him and swapped out parts for something he would be happier with. He is satisfied and we are too. Always love to make sure the customers have exactly what they need.

System is junk

I build custom trailers and had one customer who purchased a system and dropped it off to be installed in his trailer. A week latter had another customer who had found these ding *** on line and also wanted the system installed in his trailer.

We have installed both system and neither work worth a ***. We have called customer service a number of times and all they can tell us it that they will send new monitors, transmitters and receiver. We have reinstalled and replaced numerous part to no avail.

It's junk, did I mention it is JUNK. Don't do business with Tadi (JUNK) Brother, or you will have regrets.

Tadi Brothers Reply:
We helped this customer in every way possible. We are not there for the install so we do not know what went wrong. We sell many systems and when problems arise, no matter what the reason, we help. We are here to back him up with anything he needs. We can replace the items and will do so free of charge
Tadi Brothers Backup Camera
Cons
  • Junk
Full refund

Water proof camera that is not

Tadi Brothers - Water proof camera that is not

On Feb.3 2015 i bought a WATERPROOF back up camera from TB.

The Person I bought it for was in the hospital until early April 2015 so the camera wasn't installed until early April.

Around Easter I received a call telling me the camera was filled with water blocking the view. I called TB on May 1 told the rep. the camera was full of water he told me "you should be able to put this camera in a bucket of water and not have a problem." Then he told me he would send me another camera, then he ask why don't you buy a 2 year warranty on the camera its only $12.50 .

This wads so he could get my credit card # and charge what he wanted. when I got back to my computer I found a charge of $122.44. I called the rep. and talked to him about what he call a replacement for a failed product and he told me it had no warranty.

I then told him I was going to complain to the Better Business Bureau then he offered to *** $47.49 for a backup camera that was supposed to be waterproof that filled up with water i n less than 2 weeks. in my opinion this is the worst on line company to buy from. they don't back up their products. I still have the picture of the camera full of water here it is.

Honest I DON'T THINK SO.

Tadi Brothers Reply:
Customer is happy. Just spoke to him. We replaced his camera free of charge with a better camera. We also have a discount offered to him for another camera he is going to buy. We are always here to help customers with anything they need. He has my direct extension for customer service needs.

Adi

Third defective DVR

I bought Tadi's Mobile DVR, a very slick product, but it was not possible to select 'Alarm' input. They refunded and I bought a second, and this one was missing the Audio recording function. They sent me a third one, saying they had tested it, but it has no 'Alarm' function at all. I provided them with a photo showing the monitor on the respective page of the set-up procedure, and a scan of the page of the manual showing what the monitor is supposed to show. These prove that the item is defective.

They are refusing to honour the warranty or refund or send a shipping label. I had to call Visa to straighten them out and I am awaiting notice of the refund through the Visa merchant dispute department.

I suspect Tadi has a shipping container full of these Mobile DVRs, and all are defective, each in a different way. They have wasted a lot of my time with these defective DVRs. Once again, I like the product very much, but it has to work or it's worse than useless to me.

It seems that modern industry consists of selling Chinese products without testing, and expecting the customer to do that testing. Not clever. The easy way to compete with that nonsense is to promise all products have been tested before shipping.

So I have ordered a DVR from a security camera company, and this DVR has a three-year warranty, so maybe they tested it before shipping.

Tadi Brothers Reply:
We at Tadibrothers want to make sure everyone is happy. We have sold countless DVRs without issue. We tried to replace it 3 times and I was more than happy to test it. If the customer wants perhaps we can have another call about the issue or I would be glad to shoot a video of the DVR and show him exactly how the functions work. The DVR is very complex with a lot of features.

Junk

I haul some rather expensive classic automobiles around in my trailer and I decided I needed a monitoring system of some kind so I could keep an eye on them while driving down the road. I do about four or five trips per year.

After doing a lot of due diligence, I contacted Tadi Bros, carefully discussed my needs and ended up buying over $1k of cameras (which isn't cheap, in my mind) and monitors from them per their recommendations, including two rear view cameras for the side of the coach, one rear view camera for the back of the trailer and one camera for inside the trailer. That was in April of 2013. I have made six trips since then with the coach and trailer and i have not yet been able to make a SINGLE trip without an equipment failure. I have sent them videos and photos of the equipment that failed and up until now, they have been good about sending replacement equipment - this last trip the four camera monitor failed, then one right hand camera failed.

The second new monitor failed first run out. As you can imagine, we are tired of this and frustrated and this last time we called, we ran into a rather sour person in customer service who pretty much told us we were on our own. The problem seems to stem from two things; the wiring on all the equipment uses extremely small gauge wire which is fragile, at best. And when a wire fails or breaks (which clearly doesn't take long to do) there is no protection built into the monitor or other cameras from any resulting damage done by a short circuit.

So the time has come to dump all the Tadi Bros junk into the trash and do what I should have done the first time; locate some cameras and monitors that are durable enough to withstand the rigors of traveling up and down the road. My advice is to steer clear of Tadi Bros.

Tadi Brothers Reply:
We have sent him a whole new system with new wiring. I tested it all myself and sent pictures before shipping it to him. We were in communication about it and we figured out what the issue was. As long as he is happy no matter how much time has passed since the original order we are happy. We always do our best to give the customer a great solution to any problem
Preferred solution
none. i'm not wasting any more time replacing equipment that fails first trip out. No matter how much try to gloss over it, the fact is cameras and monitors are cheaply made and prone to failure. Tadi bros wins!

In response to review #529553

After posting my issue I received a call from the Tadi brothers, Eddie. Eddie seemed very eager to assist me with my display issue.

He asked for drawings of how I wish the displays to be laid out & said he would program a display to meet my needs. He genuinely seems to want to make things right for me. Currently, I am working with him to resolve the issue. I will post the final outcome, good or bad.

However, as I stated, so far Tadi Brothers seem to car about customer satisfaction & want to make things right for me & I remain optimistic. More to follow.

Tadi Brothers Reply:
I am working side by side with the customer. I will make sure he is satisfied and happy with the outcome. The merchandise is with him and it has been thoroughly tested. Tadibrothers is always here to help any and all customers, no matter how long ago they ordered
Good customer service

Tadi brothers rv camera system has improper & unintuitive display labeling/wiring

I purchased a 10" display w/ a 4 camera system. I wired the system up for a test before installation using 3 of the 4 cameras.

The display labels them left, right, video, reverse. Camera labeled video on the display was not used for the pre-installation test. The labels cannot be changed. When wired according to instructions, you can select to display individual images from each camera; or all 4 cameras; or 3 cameras, labeled video, reverse & right; or 2 cameras, labeled video & reverse.

You can never select 3 cameras & display reverse, left & right at the same time. You can never display left & right at the same time without selecting 4 cameras to be displayed at once. When displaying 4 cameras, the reverse is on top center, the left is displayed on the bottom center of the screen with the video & right displayed to the sides. See attached photos.

When I called the tech assistance #, the tech, although polite, was totally unhelpful. She also blaimed the display manufacturer NOT HELPFUL AT ALL! Her suggestion was to re-wire the system so that the left camera was displayed as video, video (front) on left ,right on right, reverse on reverse. The problem with this solution besides being confusing to the driver, is that the automatic video switching would not select the proper camera when the driver selects the left turn signal.

I have 3 additional vehicles that require camera systems. Without a fix to this display software dificiency, it is unlikely that I will purchase these other systems from Tadibrothers.

Tadi Brothers Reply:
I spoke to the customer over the phone. We are working it out and he is happy. We are glad to reconfigure this monitor to work EXACTLY as he likes without any rewiring. We are always here to help and I am glad to find a resolution for this customer.

GO ELSEWHERE!!!!

Placed order for in stock...Took weeks to receive with no communications from Tadi. Tadi represenative suggested model that would fit my car....when receivged it would not fit.

Returned everything within allowed times....After waiting for 6 weeks to get credit on my credit card, I filed complaint with my credit card company. that was 3 weeks ago...So far Tadi has made no attempt to contact credit card company....

Go elsewhere and save your self some grief besides you might even receive an item that fits.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY...THEY ARE NOTHING BUT BAD NEWS

Tadi Brothers Reply:
We checked our records. We did not have a record of the return at all. However, we did talk to the customer and he seems trustworthy so we believe he did send it back. Item unseen we have given him a full refund. He is happy with the outcome as are we because he is happy.

Extremely Poor Service from Tadibrothers.com

I ordered the 7" Wireless backup system for $400. Talking to the sales guy we struck a deal and they would send me the suction-cup mount along with the system and a cigarette-lighter adapter for power.

10 days later I finally get it and it's the 9" system. I didn't want it nor did I order it and they did NOT send the suction-cup mount. I call them and the guy says it was probably mix-up. He says I'll get the correct system along with the suction-cup mount next week.

This is Friday. it doesn't get here for another 10 days. I get the 7" system and it has a broken and plainly damaged camera. I send them pictures I took of the camera body how it was all damage and used and still had silicone sealant on it that somebody used to seal the power cord.

Additionally, STILL no suction-cup mount. I get on the phone with them again and now I'm pretty upset. As did last time, he gives me the excuse that the suction-cup mount does not work with that system. That's not the point.

They said they would send it so send it! I know how to make it work and I can manufacture a bracket that would work. I tell them this so for the 3rd time they finally send me the suction-cup mount. I manufactured a bracket for it and sent them a picture of it just for the heck of it.

I tell them about the damaged camera as well and that I had to use the camera from the 9" system to pair with the monitor to get anything to work. Also, I tell them that the camera, although it is color, shows my lawn as purple. I went through all the settings to try to fix it to no avail. They "say" they are going to send me a tested camera that has the correct color and said they've had problems with the manufacturer about the cameras.

We'll see if that ever shows up. I ask them why they didn't have a camera in the monitor box and that the broken camera was sent in an opened package by itself and he says they always pair up the camera with the monitor before send it it. Well, then how were they able to do that with a broken camera?!?!

Somebody is lying.

So they didn't apologize on the phone and they didn't apologize via email for the hassle they put me through. I highly recommend that anyone thinking of buying a backup camera system to stay very clear of Tadibrothers.com.

Tadi Brothers Reply:
We made sure he was all set, happy, and it worked out.

We ended up shipping an entirely new system to the customer. There were some mistakes that happened and for some reason the system didn’t work. Our top priority at Tadibrothers is to make sure a customer is happy so we made sure he was and we replaced it and he is happy. We always want to leave our customers with a good feeling and can recommend us to their friends
Poor customer service